Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Happy Spring!


Happy Spring!
Spring is in full bloom in my classroom, even though the weather is not cooperating this week!
Here are a few things we worked on last week when the weather was warm and it actually felt like spring!
The munchkins have been discussing the changes in the weather and were very excited when we were able to change our Season Sign from Winter to Spring !  In discussing the weather and seasonal changes, they got hooked on the topic of rainbows.                                                                                                                                           


So we learned about the colors of the rainbow ( via ROY G. BIV) and each student had to construct a rainbow, using colored strips of paper.
.


    Because I enjoy hearing what goes on in these munchkins minds, I love to do a lot of dictations and drawings and ask them to tell me all about their drawings. Sometimes I will give them a prompt and other times I just let them go at it and draw whatever is on their mind.

 We were so excited with all the warm weather we had last week and all we could talk about was being outside
 So with all the Spring excitement happening, they were thrilled when I asked them to draw their favorite outdoor activity!



This one is such an awesome drawing  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment