Monday, August 6, 2012

I have been BIT... by the Back to School Bug! =)

     So I have been keeping up with some of my favorite blogs and Pinterest, of course, and it seems as if EVERYONE is in Back To School Mode!
     Everyone except for me... Well maybe it is because we still have a family vacation to take (leaving to NYC this Thursday, as a matter of fact) and I do not have to report back to work until Aug. 20th! Maybe that is why I have been slow to catch on to everything huh?
     BUT.... I am glad to announce that the Back to School Bug has finally bit me this past weekend!
     Yay! It's Back to School Time!  
   Time to shop for school/work clothes, school supplies, find and make cute things for the classroom, reorganize book boxes, etc....WOW, now that I think about it, I have alot of work ahead of me!! Damn, should have started on it all sooner!  =O
      But it's okay... I will work fast and into the wee hours of the night if need be! 
     And let me tell you... I am working super hard every day this past week, on making cutesy things for my classroom....More about that in another post, though! =)

     In the meantime, I am still doing work with my little munchkin and we just wrapped up our mini Ocean Unit with a fun sensory, painting experience: Salt Painting! (More like messy finger painting, but fun nonetheless!) After mixing salt, blue & green paint and a little bit of glue, we let it dry and then she added on some Ocean Animal stickers to create an Ocean Scene!

     And we ended the unit with a yummy Dolphin shaped pb&J sandwich w/strawberry yogurt! =)
     
And so now... BACK TO SCHOOL preparations are underway!
Stay tuned.... =)

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way about starting everything sooner. I've been working on things, but I have so much more to go. :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete