Saturday, November 24, 2012

Feeling the Love!


    So I just found out that I have been nominated for the Liebster Blog Award! 
    A HUGE THANK YOU to Jessica over at Fun in PreK-1 for nominating me for this awesome award!

What is the Liebster Award??
The Liebster Award is given by bloggers to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. It is to show newbie bloggers that they are appreciated and to help spread the word about new blogs.

The Rules:
- You must post 11 random things about yourself.
- Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
- Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
- Choose 11 blogs you love (with less than 200 followers) and link them in your post.
- No tag back (but please leave me a comment on this post with the URL to your Liebster post so I can learn more about you)!

So, here we go!
11 Random Things About Me:
1)    I am a huge Michael Jackson Fan!
2)  I hate driving at night!
3)   I collect Madame Alexander 8” dolls.
4)   I get very emotional when I watch ASPCA commercials, b/c I am such an animal lover!
5)   I have many children: 1 son, 1 daughter, 2 shih-tzu dogs, 1 cat and 3 guinea pigs!
6)   The only brand of gym shoes that I wear is NIKE.
7)   I like to sleep with my feet sticking out of the covers.
8)   I am addicted to COFFEE- -but, what teacher isn’t?
9)   I have been working with preschool age children since I was 15 years old! (That was over 15 years ago!)
10)  I hate doing laundry- I make my hubby do it!
11)   I hate my hair but I am too scared to try something new with it.

Now, here are the questions that Jessica asked of me:
1.     What is the funniest thing a student has ever said to you?  :)
Wow I can’t even think of where to start with this one! Preschoolers say the craziest things!
The latest was when a Burmese student of mine (who we were told has very limited English) said “Oh shit” aloud during snack time in PERFECT English and the whole room just stopped. All the kiddos looked at me and I had to try so hard NOT to laugh! I was about to choke on  my animal cracker b/c I was dying to bust out laughing!
2.  What is your favorite color?
At the moment- Purple
3.  Favorite children's book?
I have SOOO many… but right now, it would probably be Goldilocks and the Three Bears. (And that is only b/c I am doing my lesson plans around it in the next 2 weeks!)
4.  Favorite places to get cute clip art/fonts?
Scrappin Doodles, DJ Inkers and sometimes Etsy
5.  Cats or dogs?
2 dogs, 1 cat AND 2 guinea pigs
6.  What is your favorite subject and least favorite subject to teach?
I love Language & Literacy, but it can be difficult to teach (especially since I work with quite a few English Language Learners) and I used to not like teaching science, but lately  it has been of a lot of interest to me!
7.  Favorite type of music?
R&B
8.  Favorite grown-up book?  :)
Hmmmm, I don’t have much time to read these days, but right now I am educating myself on the intriguing disorder called Sensory Processing Disorder. I am currently reading "The Out of Sync Child"  VERY informative an relevant to some challenges that I am facing this year with my preschoolers.
9.  If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
Hawaii. I have been there (went for our honeymoon) and I would LOVE to go there again someday!
10.  Disneyworld or Disneyland?
I have been to Disney World many times (and will be going again this coming summer). I have never been to Disney Land.
11.  Advice for a new teacher?
Learn all you can about the grade level you teach; be open to new ideas and always keep learning about yourself and your students. Stay positive and make learning fun in the midst of all this testing business.

Okay, now that you know a little about me, I will now spread the love and nominate 11 more up and coming blogs for the Liebster Award!

The blogs are:


And here are the questions I am asking them:
1)    Where is your favorite place to travel?
2)  What is your least favorite household chore?
3)   What is the #1 thing on your Christmas list this year?
4)   Do you have a favorite author?
5)   What kind of car do you drive?
6)   Do you prefer to holiday shop online or in stores?
7)   Do you have any kids?
8)   What is your favorite clothing store?
9)   Winter? Or Fall?
10)  Any pets?
11)   What would you consider to be the perfect way to spend some “Me” time?

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the nomination Sara!! Check out my answers! hehe :0)
    Liebster Award Blog Post

    Faith
    Kindergarten Faith

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so great to get to learn more about you! I am excited to see what you end up posting in the next few weeks, we are also about to enter a Fairy Tales/Legends Unit! We'll have to compare notes. :)

    That is such a cute story about your preschooler, that reminds me of a few weeks ago when we were playing the rhyming game during lunch with the word "four." One of girls (who clearly had no idea what it meant) said "Ms. Jessica, does WHORE rhyme with FOUR?" really loudly!

    ~Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the nomination!! :)
    http://pinkpolkadotsandprek.blogspot.com/2012/11/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ladies for taking the time to answer the questions I sent with the nomination!
      Its is great to get to know you all! I really look forward to keeping up with your blogs and swapping notes and ideas!
      Jessica, I usually love my plans but sometimes my group gets so wound up, I don't get to much of it. So I am hoping that my plans for my Three Bears and Gingerbread Man units go smoothly with my group so I can share ideas and pics!! This time of the year can easily get hectic!

      Sara

      Delete
    2. Can't wait to see what you do for your gingerbread and three bears theme! :)

      ~Jessica

      Delete