Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Crafty Tuesday: DIY Vase Makeover!

    I am going to keep this short because I have had two fun eventful days this week! I was called in to be a substitute teacher at the little munchkin's school and I was over the moon about being able to step in a preschool classroom again!
    Needless to say, it has been 7 long months without the need to have unlimited amounts of energy to keep up with preschool age children... so yes, I am quite exhausted! AND- I actually like this type of exhaustion, knowing that I spent the day teaching little munchkins. Yea, I know, I am weird. Call it crazy, call it passion, call it what you like- but I love it!
   Anyhow, back to my DIY craft makeover!
   Pinterest has seriously sparked inspiration in me. I know I have said it before, but it really has. I am more creative than I was just three years ago!
   I decided to give a few rooms in the house a little makeover, simply by replacing a few small pieces of furniture, rearranging some things and adding a pop of color. I chose the color teal because the walls are pale yellow and our furniture is dark gray. Perfect palette...
   Here is how I started:.
(I purchased this vase at Pier 1 Imports several years ago and have long been over the color red, so I decided to give it a makeover.)
   And here is how it came out after 2 coats of teal acrylic paint:
   The total cost of this: LESS than $7 (just counting art materials I had to purchase, including the fabric flower I found in the dollar bins at Michaels.)
   Here is another one:
   I found this vase (which was white) at the Salvation Army for $2. I painted it with teal paint and as easy as 1-2-3 -- I had another prop for my new shelf unit.
   If you know Pinterest and DIY, then you have probably seen all the easy and quick ways to add a pop of color in any room, simply by painting glass vases/objects.
   Check out this one by Life in Wonderland: (also on my To Do list)
I am going to have fun with this little redecorating project! 

No comments:

Post a Comment