Friday, September 12, 2014

Learning Colors with Pete the Cat and ROY G. BIV!

    I am ending this week sick... blah!!  But that doesn't take away from the fact that we had a pretty awesome week!
   My trusty pal, Pete the Cat, has been a huge hit in my classroom and he helped me to review colors with the munchkins. We must have read (and listened to the cd) of Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes about 11 times this week... no joke! But, in the words of Pete, "It's all good!"
We created a graph of our favorite colors!
    Most of my munchkins can identify all of their colors, so I put added some ROY G. BIV fun, so they can learn the orders of the colors of the rainbow! I made my own shortened form of this cute Rainbow Hair poem from Welcome to Room 36!
    I was brave and brought out the scissors and glue sticks, which probably wasn't the best idea. This project took more time than I thought it would because they were very engaged and focused on cutting and gluing!  (And now I know who needs extra help.)
And they came out so very cute, don't you think?

Well, now back under the covers with a cup of tea and a book!

No comments:

Post a Comment