Friday, February 20, 2015

Plenty of fun with hearts...even after Valentine's Day!

   Ok so I am a little bummed that my plans for the classroom Valentine's Day party were ruined by yet ANOTHER Snow/Cold Day last Friday!
   I was all geared up for some fun...Check out how cute our bulletin board was!
   But my preschoolers did get a very small taste of some Valentine fun with heart themed activities, earlier in the week.
   I added hearts and gems into our rice sensory bin for the munchkins to work on their fine motor skills, as well as counting skills:
   They also worked on measurement & size in our Playdoh Center, with pretty pink playdoh and different sized heart cutters:
    I had quite a few Valentine activities prepped and ready to use but with the snow day, we never got a chance. So I tweaked one activity for my munchkin to have some learning fun at home too!
   She has been working hard on CVC words and she played a fun word building game:
 I found this great FREE resource on Vowel Sorting from Make, Take, Teach.
And I found these fun mailboxes from Target.
    We also hit up the after Valentine's Day sales for some candy to have some Math fun, which I will share next time!

1 comment: