Sunday, September 13, 2015

Classroom Reveal -- Finally!

   Well, we are off and running! The year has gotten off to a great start! In my last post, I was working on some self learning about what Montessori is all about. For a good part of the summer, after we settled into California, I have been working in the school and immersing myself into the Montessori classroom and have been observing the primary classroom teacher, I have been able to get a better idea of how each set of materials serves a purpose and how each one scaffolds onto the next set of skills. It does not directly relate to my role as the Spanish teacher, but it has been very useful to learn, as I wanted my classroom set up to mirror the main Montessori classroom.
    Anyhow, the school year has begun... and that is where my role as the Spanish Teacher begins!!
    Below, are the "before" pictures of the classroom...before I put my own little touches on it and tried my best to make it my own!
And here are the "after" pictures:
I tried to keep it simple. yet cute, and this is how it all came out:
Front of the classroom:
Back of the classroom:
Our Morning Bulletin Board:
Months of The Year Poster:
My Teacher Corner:
Our Art & Puzzle Shelf:
Daily Group Boxes:
 Our Writing/Drawing Center:
Our Math/Science Center:
 Our Library:
 It is small, it is cute and I LOVE it!
   Every day, Monday through Thursday, I teach a small group of 11 children and I have each group for an hour an a half each day. The room is a perfect size to have a small circle, do an small group table activity, read a story and then some engage in some individual work time.
   Being the Spanish Teacher is only one of my roles. You will come to see that I also step up into other roles throughout the day and week!

No comments:

Post a Comment